Homeless children are twice as likely as other children to:
- Repeat in a school grade
- Be expelled or suspended
- Drop out of high school
- Have learning disabilities
C.H.A.M.P.S. is also acronym that stand for: Character;Honesty; Appreciation; Morals;Perseverance; and Service. C.H.A.M.P.S. is our youth character development, mentoring, and creative Arts healing program designed to enrich homeless and/or at-risk youth with the qualities they need to become successful individuals & entrepreneurs. We use proven systems thinking training to instill five B’s: Be Healthy; Be Fit; Be Educated;Be Creative and Be of Character.
- Mission “Empower children as C.H.A.M.P.S. to become Lifelong Champions who better their world via compassionate care”
- Vision-Inspire children to become lifelong Champions who make their world better via compassionate care.
- Values---Our values are the C.H.A.M.P.S. qualities we work to instill in our children (Character; Honesty; Appreciation; Morals; Perseverance; Service)·
- Program Goal-- Use educational entertainment experiences (role-playing activities) to deliver trauma-centered services that help children
- Heal & self-advocate
- Improve academic performance &Research Careers
- Develop the character traits, life-skills, &social skills needed for lifetime success in every aspect of life
Building confidence, one child at a time.